57 Things I Learned in My 57 Years
By Bernadette A. Moyer
1) My life and my happiness is my responsibility, period.
2) Kids will come and kids will go, build a life that is meaningful long after their departure.
3) Don’t take it personally, nothing other people do is because of you, it is because of them.
4) Gather as much information as you can and then make informed decisions.
5) Pick the guy who believes in you, supports you, loves you and thinks you are beautiful.
6) Bad boys are just that, bad.
7) Trust few but always trust in your own inner voice.
8) Every single day is a blessing.
9) Nothing lasts forever, this too shall pass.
10) People will come into your life and people will leave your life, let them.
11) You are beautiful just the way you are, believe it! No one knows your heart like you do.
12) Work hard, go that extra mile but play hard too.
13) Nature offers peace every single day and in every single season.
14) Animals have incredible souls and are capable of the most love and loyalty.
15) Writers write.
16) Estrangement is strange. It isn’t normal and there are no winners.
17) Trust someone the first time they reveal themselves to you.
18) Marriage requires ongoing efforts and commitment grounded in genuine love and care.
19) Surround yourself with people, places and things that you love. Create your own beautiful life.
20) I was a shy kid that stuttered; today I could debate with the best. Where you start is just a start.
21) Never ever give up on yourself.
22) Campy as it sounds, “Into each life, some rain must fall.”
23) Learn from it and then get over it!
24) Beauty exists everywhere and so does ugliness.
25) Good people can and do make bad mistakes.
26) You are not defined by one person, one experience or single life event.
27) Everything that seems bad really can be turned around and into something good.
28) Be a life-long learner. There is always something new to learn.
29) Gratitude is an attitude.
30) Life goes on …
31) God is good. In an ever changing world God is my salvation.
32) Family is so much more than blood; it is the people that love, support and see the best in you.
33) Girlfriend time is always time well spent.
34) Stress less. Pray more and worry less.
35) Eat the good foods and exercise. Life is about balance.
36) Make love, lots and lots of love.
37) Negative people are just that, negative.
38) Take the time to get to know yourself and always be your own best friend.
39) There is a big difference between being alone and being lonely.
40) Peace is always possible.
41) Stability doesn’t have to be boring.
42) Make something build something bake something create more. Just do it.
43) Build on a solid foundation.
44) Embrace change. Don’t fight it be open to new things, new people and new experiences.
45) Painful lessons are lasting lessons.
46) Pretty comes and pretty goes but being nice will last forever.
47) Share as much as possible but don’t allow yourself to be taken for granted.
48) Hatred and anger doesn’t look good on anyone. Not ever.
49) Forgive but don’t forget.
50) Not everything ends with “happy ever after” but that doesn’t mean your happiness has to end.
51) Give back! Every single person has something to offer.
52) Never wrestle with a pig, because you will both get dirty and the pig likes it.
53) We all have a birth date and a death date, no one gets out alive. Enjoy everything in between.
54) Getting old is a gift, cherish it.
55) Wisdom is born with age.
56) Breathe. Take long deep breathes.
57) Most things can be cured with a long hot bubble bath, a cup of tea or a glass of wine and a big warm embracing hug!
#58 Just because someone said it, doesn’t make it true.
Bernadette on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bernadetteamoyer
All books by Bernadette A. Moyer on Amazon and Barnes & Noble